This journal maybe has the most unnecessary-sounding header ever But well, I'm not talking about cleaning of my house, but cleaning of my dA-gallery.
Yeah I know I've been absent for a long time because of work and school. I'm still warning a bit about inactivity in dA because March is coming aaand it means pre-assignments to universities of applied sciences for me. Yup, I'm still trying to get in for the 4th time. However, I'm going to graduate from local vocational school this spring too, so things aren't that bad at all.
As you can see in my profile panels, I've been here since 2012 (over 5 years that's pretty much) and I kind of feel like giving a little face lift to my gallery feed and remove some old drawings. Hope you don't mind about it. Every deviation brings confusing much memories though, but I don't feel like showing them in public anymore. Well, by looking at them, you may see a bit improvement (I really hope so) compared to nowadays what comes to my drawing style but... Yeah. You probably know what I'm trying to tell: one day you'll need a bit fresh air and let some old stuff just go. I have, however, stored all my old drawings in a drawer so I'm not going to vanish those things from my life once and for all.
I hope you guys are doing well. A new spring is soon here (even though we're currently having -20 °C / -4 °F here in Finland lol) and it makes even me, a tiny grumpy darkling, feel a bit merrier.
In other words,
have a nice today and tomorrow and keep aiming!
- Listening to: Adrian von Ziegler
- Eating: Honey :'D
- Drinking: Water
Feeling so goth today.
Tagged by from -> Thank you!
(Finally I managed to do this! )
- Tag people
- Answer honestly
- Put the title as "I am an ___ dragon" (or an elemental pun)
- Have fun!
[X] You love being outside.
[½] Sunlight makes you feel happy. (I'm kind of night creature and I like to stay up late after sunset, but sunny days are delightful. I don't get depressed in a loss of daylight in winter as many guys if Finland, so... I don't "need" sunlight to be happy I guess. What a weird sentence.)
[X] You love all animals. (I'd prefer to say that I like all animals,
 You are a vegetarian/vegan. (I'm carnivore but I'd like to eat more vegetarian food because it tastes very good and it's a lot more ecological.)
[½] You love fruits and vegetables. (Fruits taste good but somehow I don't remember eat them very often. Especially I like mandarins. Aaaand what comes to vegetables, somehow I prefer them than fruits. For instance, I love baked food wih root vegetables, just yum.)
[½] You are very headstrong. (Depends a lot.)
 You are a very grounded person.
[X] You are physically strong or big. (The first one, because I'm very sensitive what comes to feelings, but somehow I can stand so much crap it almost confuses myself sometimes.)
[½] You eat a lot and love food. (Oh well I love eating, but I can't eat a lot at a time.)
 You are not sensitive.
 You don't mind getting dirty.
 You have a lot of sass.
 You love warmth. (Quite opposite, I'm often the one who's always feeling too hot. )
[½] You get angered easily, but calm down quickly.
[½] You get into a lot of fights. (In verbal disputes, yes.)
[½] You are rude. (Sometimes I have diffuculties to control my tongue. Mischievous me.)
[X] You are passionate/emotional.
[X] You love spicy food. ( Yes!)
[X] You don't express your emotions.
[X] You come across as cold or uncaring. (Well someone has said to my that 'you don't care of me at all' when I didn't console her, but the truth was that I wasn't sure what to do. When people have problems in public and they start to cry or something, I get locked, confused and scared and I thus I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Strong feelings scares me what is weird because I have strong feelings myself. I just have no idea how other people want to be treated.)
[½] You are thin or frail.
[X] You don't mind the cold. (I love winter. )
 You find yourself with cold extremities.
[X] You crack easily under pressure.
[X] You have trouble falling asleep. (I'm bad at sleeping. I wake up almost every little noise I hear asleep. It's irritating.)
[½] You play your music loud. (Well I listen music too loud with my headphones.)
[½] You are often happy. (Half of the time I'm happy, the other half I'm restless and stressed. *sigh*)
 You are disruptive.
 You love playing sports.
 You are mostly relaxed. (Quite opposite.)
[X] You love swimming. (I hate being public beaches, but I love swimming too much. That's a big dilemma for me. )
 You can hold your breath for a long time.
[½] You cry easily.
[½] You primarily drink water. (Oh yeah I've concentrated lately to drink more water, it feels good. )
[X] You take stuff very personally. (*Sigh part 2*)
 You have great endurance.
[X] You often dream about flying. (Actually quite often! I don't usually think about it, but while asleep... Yes! )
 You are not clumsy. (Quite opposite, haha! )
[X] You tend to "wing it" a lot. (Oh damn, all the time. That's my life method.)
[X] You love to look at the sky and daydream. (Sometimes I feel I do it almost too much. At day, at night. No matter the weather, I'm dreaming. ^^)
[½] You love to look fancy. (I love cool clothes and make up and even though I try to wear them as often as possible in public, I'm lazy little ape and often just think 'oh whatever' and go out with the most boring clothes ever. )
[X] You are musical/can play more than one instrument. (The first one.)
 You are a tech whiz. (Lol, not at all.)
 You don't care about what other people think of you.
[X] You don't often go outside. (Laziness is the thing. )
 You find it easy to figure out how things work. (.........Quite opposite. )
[X] You are smart with your money.
[½] You love video games. (I'm not a gamer, but there's couple of games I like to play.)
[X] You are positive and optimistic. (Most of the time, I still like to think about the bright side of the life. :3)
[X] You have a few really close friends.
[X] You believe in equality.
[X] You are compassionate. (At least I hope I am, even though I have quite mischievous soul.)
[X] People look to you for advice. (Some people have thought that I'm like a 'helping phone' you can call whenever feeling bad. It's honorable, but also very wearing.)
 You find it hard to understand people with different opinions. (People ARE different, that's a fact and just a good thing.)
 You hate being alone.
[X] You don't understand people. (Well I feel I can understand many motives that people may have, but there's still a lot stuff in people I don't understand at all. I'm not sure if I even want to. -__-)
[X] People think you are "evil". (Actually... )
[X] You love rock music. (I prefer metal, but rock is amazing.)
[X] You relate to antagonists more than protagonists. (It depends, there's good and bad antagonists, but when we're talking about 'good' ones, with real motives and reasons to be evil, I relate them a lot. To be honest, protagonists irritate me quite often when they are type 'Mary Sue', and good at every thing they do and success at everything AND everybody loves them. )
[X] You prefer to spend time in the dark. (I'm a night creature~)
[½] You take naps during the day.
 Your opinion changes easily.
[X] You are creative or artistic.
[½] You think mythical creatures are real. (Well at least I wish they could be.)
[X] You are a hoarder.
[X] You love fantasy and reading books. (Fantasy is amazing, but I'm a bit bad at reading books. It's a pity, there's so much good books out there and great authors!)
[½] People avoid you like the plague. (I'm not easy to approach, I guess.)
[½] People judge you/you are self-conscious.
[½] You love gross or dark humor.
[X] You have some sort of disorder.
[X] You are very opinionated.
Feel free to take this challenge!
- Listening to: Adrian von Ziegler
- Drinking: Blackcurrant juice (homemade ^^)
... fruit: mandarin
... food: I like too many foods to choose just one.
... drink: all kind of tea (excluding un-flavoured green tea), Coca-Cola and glögi.
... pastry: cheesecake
... candy: salmiakki (=salty liquorice)
... fast food: pizza, perhaps.
... ice cream: “rum-raisin”, wtf it’s called in English...
... color: black, flaming red, plum violet, poison green. Tbh I love all colors.
... animal(s): cats, equines, foxes/wolves and most birds.
... day: Saturday
... season: all of them, but possibly autumn or summer.
... car: Mercedes-Benz, Mini Cooper and 60’s Chevrolet Impala
... movie: Lord of the Rings-trilogy
... animated movie(s): Atlantis the Lost Empire, Brave, The Road to Eldorado...
... TV-series: Game of Thrones, Supernatural (seasons 1-5)
... animated TV-series: The Moomins (90's version) It was my childhood.
... reality: -
... fictional character(s): Merry & Pippin
... fictional animated character(s): Too many
... Disney-heroine(s): Kidagakash Nedakh, Merida
... Disney-hero: Tarzan
... Disney-villain(s): (sorry, I had to add this in the list) Scar, Frollo, Ursula (my soul animal lol ), Maleficent, Dr. Facilier.
... manga/comic: Donald Duck
...anime: Umm, I’m not sure, perhaps Puella Magi Madoka Magica or No. 6.
... actor: LOL, Johnny Depp
... clothing: black shirt with trumpet sleeves, skinny black/dark red jeans and tall combat boots.
... genre of music: epic music, symphonic/industrial metal, folk-inspired stuff
... genre of TV-series/movies: comedy, history, fantasy
... genre of books: fantasy & historical
... era in history: Oh crap, 1800s perhaps? I’ve always been attracted by medieval times and ancient Egypt but the older I get the more I’ve been interested in late centuries events.
Oh well I hope this was a nice little thing to read, feeling cool af while telling random crap of myself
Have a great week!
- Watching: TV News
- Drinking: Water
It's April now and the spring is coming - at least somewhere in the world I guess, but in Finland it's still only 2 Celsius degrees warm and we had a snowstorm yesterday... So yeah, lol.
It's been a while since I posted something and I have two reasons why I've been freaking inactive. Firstly, I had a on-the-job learning once again for two months and secondly at the same time I was working with my pre-assignments to the university of the applied sciences I want to get in. I sought now in the same place than last year although I'm studying at the moment at the local vocational school but argh, I want to get in the school I want! And I'll not give up until I'm one of the students there...
I have a lot of new drawings laying there but I have to move them into my computer and oh, how lazy am I. But hey, are YOU doing well, guys? I really hope so, because it's the time of new beginnings and colors.
Have a nice weekend!
- Listening to: Adrian von Ziegler
- Eating: Chocolate
I've been very busy the last month since late November because I had a 9 week long job placement in a local bookshop. Even though I love books and that kind of stuff, it was very stressful for me to be in there, in the middle of Christmas rush and so on and sell stuff to busy and surly customers. I'm a shy and sensitive person, so... It really was a hard 9 weeks for me. Anyway, I learned a lot and I think I grew up as a human. And I'll get a really nice employment certificate, too!
There's a plenty of drawings I'm going to post in here Deviantart, too, but I just need to photo them first. So let's see...
But now I just want to thank you all for faving and commenting my pics, it means a lot to me, and I really hope you're all doing well and enjoying your own holiday!
- Listening to: Melanie Martinez
- Eating: Rye bread with butter
- Drinking: Glögi
...Even though we’re going to have Halloween and that kind of amazing stuff before snowstorms and freezing nights, but whatever.
(Damn, I love Halloween... Time to watch "The Nightmare Before Christmas"...)
But okay fine, it’s me, hello everyone! I really hope you’re doing well~! You’ve possibly noticed I’ve been very inactive lately and I’m sorry about that, but I’ve started in a new school in August and thus I’ve been tired and stressed. Well, I didn’t get in those universities of applied sciences I wanted, but it doesn’t bother me anymore: I mean, I got a place in a local vocational school in late summer! I really hope that this education will help me to get forward in my life and I'll find my own place in our society. Anyway, things are going on and I’m feeling better even though I’ve been ill for 3 weeks for now... Bleh.
I have plenty of sketches, drawings etc. in progress so let’s see how many of them I’m going to finish and post here. However, I’ve not gone anywhere from Deviantart, I’ve just been lazy and busy. But I’m not the only one I guess...
Anyway, I've made a friend in my new school and she has just made her own profile in dA! Please, check it out!
PS. Are you guys in Instagram? I’ve made my own profile in there so you can find me @viisikanta Welcome!
- Drinking: Tea
You should say 13 things about yourself.
You must answer the 13 questions asked by the person who has tagged you, as well as, create 13 questions for the people you'll tag.
Choose 13 people YOU have to tag. [IT HAS TO BE 13 PEOPLE! And don't write: "If you have read this, you have been tagged!"]
Make sure they know they have been tagged.
You are allowed to tag whoever tagged you.
13 things about myself:
1. I’m 166 cm / 65in tall.
2. After I started to watch Game of Thrones, I’ve learned to love dragons. Before that I was a bit “nah” with these creatures, I don’t know why.
3. My favourite drinks are tea, glögi and Coca-Cola.
4. I’ve started to use make up only a year ago of something like that even though I’m already 19 years old.
6. I wish I could be Peter Pan. I don’t want to grow up.
7. One of the most long-lasting dreams I’ve had in my life is to travel in Ireland and Scotland someday.
8. Finnhorses, Connemara ponies and Gypsy vanners are my favourite horse breeds. I do also like Fjordhorses, Paint horses and Welsh ponies & cobs a lot!
9. I prefer coldblood horses more than warmbloods.
10. I don’t know more beautiful pet than a completely black cat with golden eyes.
11. I love starry nights, misty meadows and all phases of the moon. I do also sleep a bit restless when it’s full moon and my mother undergoes the same thing. Werewolf mom & daughter, obviously.
12. I’d love to live in a cute, romantic little cottage beside a lake.
13. My dream garden is very elf-like; verdant, shelterd, lot of trees and flowers and a little pond the middle of it or a river weaving trough it. <3__<3
1. If you have an OC/OCs who's your favourite and why?
- I have a lot of OC’s I love to use in my stories etc. and I really have no idea who’s my favorite of them all. This is a very difficult question, though
2. Do you manage touch typing?
- I can stand it but I have to say it irritates me pretty much what comes to my native language Finnish and Finns who make a lot of typos in their writings.
3. What's your favourite colour?
- Once again another really hard question because I have so many favourite colors like red, brown, green and black.
4. Have you ever cried in public?
- Yeah I have. That wasn’t nice.
5. Do you ever use dental floss? (Dentists always whine about it to me... Well I use it sometimes.)
- Haha, nope.
6. Do you like liquorice or salmiakki/salted liquorice (in case you've tasted it)?
- I’m a salmiakki-addict. For real. There’s a lot of people who love chocolate more than anything but what comes to me, for me that thing is salmiakki. I love ‘basic soft liquorice’ almost as much.
7. The word you're thinking right now is...? (Be reliable, please.)
- Salmiakki. *drools*
8. If you could do an exploration to other place than that in the Earth or Earth overall, to which planet, astroid, star, comet... would you go and why?
- Haha that’s a really fun question tbh, so umm... Let’s say I’d like travel and explore Jupiter’s moon called Europa. It is said there’s water just like here in our planet!
9. What are your toughts about this song: www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBcRDl… ?
- Oh man, these kind of songs are so happy and funny I could dance through the summer-night with my pint of beer while listening them! This song also reminds me a bit of bunch of pirates, like Jack Sparrow with his crew in Tortuga... What shall we do with the drunken sailor?
10. Do you ever draw on bed?
- Very rarely, because I need a table to draw properly as a good position/posture whatever it’s called. Lying on a bed and drawing or doing stuff with a computer makes my neck and shoulder hurt very easily.
11. Don't you find these rules annoying? (At least I do.)
- Well I’m going to break those rules so...
12. What was your last dream you saw and can remember?
- The last one? Umm... I see a lot of dreams almost every night and almost every time I remember them when I wake up, but that also means I’m so accustomed to my dreams I forget them soon excluding the really weird ones. But in another weird dream I saw a while ago I carried a blind swan that had a wrap around its bleeding eyes. I needed to rescue it to our house at first and after that I released the swan into the wild at the local lake and watched its swimming away and... The dream ended when I tried to swim after it towards the rising sun. It was a cryptic, creepy and a very beautiful dream.
13. Do you think Earth is in a good place when it comes to space?
- Yeah I think so but I’m also pretty sure there’s many similar places like Tellus somewhere in the universe. However, sometimes I just want to move in space because some people here are so mean, stupid and cruel.
At this time I’m not going to tag anyone, so... Have a nice weekend everyone, hope you didn’t get bored while reading this stuff about me...
- Listening to: Two Steps From Hell - Compass (Merethe Soltvedt)
Hello, guys! I just wanted to say couple of words to you. How’s it going? I really hope you’re all fine because it is summer, finally!! *dances around the clock-* OK nope. I'd like sleep too much every day instead of that. Woah...
Okay so my entrance exams are over now and my new summer-job started yesterday and thus I’m pretty happy with this situation. ^^ Things are moving on and I’m getting more money soon~! It feels I’m finally doing something worthwhile...! Anyway, I have some new artworks in progress and I’ve also felt pretty inspired last days, so I’m not going anywhere from Deviantart or anything like that. I may be a bit lazy or busy what comes to visiting in here, but this time of year is the time of imagination and inspiration. I want to enjoy about it, and I hope you do so as well!
- Watching: My cat sleeping
- Drinking: Milk :'D
(And here I go once again... ) Yes, I'm ready! I've just posted all my pre-assignments to these schools I'm trying to get in and I'm so excited! However, it will took weeks before I may know the results... But still I really hope everything is going well and I'll get an invitation to the exams. ^^"
But for now, I have enough time to draw things that I want and I'm truly enjoying this feeling! We've also had couple of beautiful, sunny spring days here in Finland, it was awesome! (And today it's raining again...) Woah, I'm longing for summer so dearly.
But now I'd like to ask you something, so... What would you like to see me draw more of? It would be very interesting to know what do you think guys!
Well that's all at this time, have a happy upcoming week everyone!
- Watching: Some kind of cooking show :'''D
- Drinking: Coca-Cola
I just wanted to say couple of words how I am for now.
Well, I'm working with pre-assignments (lol, I have no idea what they're called in English) of two University of Applied Sciences at the moment. Gosh, these assignments are difficult for me and thus I really wish my works are going to be accepted and I'll get an invitation to the official exams in late May. I don’t want to fail with this challenge! However, I’ll be back soon and hopefully post some new art, but for now I'm too busy to draw nothing else but sketches...
Until then, I hope you all are fine & have a happy (early) Spring !
- Listening to: Adrian von Ziegler
- Drinking: Tea
1. You have to post these rules.
2. Each person has to share 13 things about them.
3. Answer the 13 questions asked to you and invent 13 questions the people you tag will have to answer.
4. Choose 13 people.
5. You have to tag 13 people. (I'LL TRY OK)
6. You can't say you don't do tags.
7. Tag-backs are ALLOWED.
8. YOU MUST MAKE A JOURNAL ENTRY. NO COMMENTS. Unless you're commenting about the actual entry.
9. You have to finish this within a week. If not, you'll have to do whatever the creator tells you to. Art, rp, etc.
10. Be creative with the title. No "I've Got Tagged" things.
13 things about me:
1. Instead of my real name, my friends call me “Merry”. The name comes from the Lord of the Rings and a hobbit called Meriadoc Brandybuck. Do not ask, please.
2. I’m a fan on LOTR-trilogy (you may have guessed it already…) and I watch Game of Thrones, too.
3. I love unicorns far too much.
4. I have long, straight light brown hair that extend to my lumbar region and I love to dye them into coppery red.
5. My style of clothing is a bit goth - lots of black and red with a very little pinch of lace and corded details.
6. I love corsets. And yeah, I mean the real ones with steel bones, not the satin/lace undergarments by H&M
7. My favorite color is rainbow - believe it or not.
8. I wear glasses because I’m usually far too lazy to use my contact lenses...
9. I have a cat called Kaneli. She’s nearby 12-years-old Norwegian Forest cat-crossing. Link >
10. I love to sing in a shower and when I’m alone at home :'D
11. I read Tarot-cards quite often and I think they’re very interesting in many ways.
12. My favorite time of year is autumn. The colors of fall are so beautiful~
13. I’m very allergic to pollen of birch. Ah yes, that’s the reason I dislike springs pretty much.
1. Do you prefer light or dark colors?
- I prefer dark colors, because light ones do not suit me
2. What's your favorite game?
- Sims 3 (PC) I think I’ve destroyed my game with all the mods…
3. If you could go back in time, what time would you like to live in for one week?
- I’d like to visit in far too many times before nowadays… But I’d like to travel into the 1980s, for instance.
4. What's your favorite Disney movie?
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire!
5. Angels or Devils?
- Fallen angels~ Okay I think I’m closer demons than angels with my inner little goth girl, but I’ll still choose angels.
6. Who's your favorite singer?
- I have a lot of them, but I’ll say Floor Jansen from Nightwish. I really like her voice.
7. What's your favorite pet?
8. Are you a morning or night person?
- I’m a night person - try to wake me up before 10 a.m…. Nope. Actually I could sleep all day pretty easily… Just like cats.
9. If you could be an animal, what would it be?
- I’d be an owl, a raven or a cat
10. What would you like to draw more of?
- For instance, I’d like to draw more birds, some Disney-characters and LOTR characters. There’s too much heroes/heroines I love.
11. Do you have a favorite character?
- Once again, there’s FAR TOO many of them
12. Firefox or Google chrome?
- Google chrome
13. Could you live without Internet for 3 days?
- Yep, I could, even though I like to surf and have fun in the net every day.
My Questions for you:
1. What’s your favorite season?
2. Rainbows or Black-&-White?
3. Warm or cold colors?
4. What’s your favorite style of music? (jazz, pop, rock etc…)
5. Would you like to travel into the Moon?
6. Do you believe in afterlife or destiny/neither of them?
7. What’s your favorite fantasy creature? (hobbits, dragons, centaurs etc…)
8. Are you introvert or extrovert?
9. In your opinion, what’s the most beautiful language in the world?
10. Comics or novels?
11. Do you prefer Christmas or New Year?
12. Could you get a tattoo one day or do you have some already?
13. Do you prefer horses or ponies/neither of them? Why?
(I’m breaking the rules because I’m tagging only 4~)